Let’s celebrate the holidays with these Simple Santa Pancakes!Let's Celebrate the holidays with these Simple Santa Pancakes! Click To Tweet
They make a delicious and festive way to start the day off and to celebrate Christmas.
Not only are they simple to make, they’re also gluten-free and dairy-free, and filled with colorful fruit to provide a natural sweetness.
Simple Santa Pancake
- Large Skillet
- 4 eggs
- 1 large ripe bananna
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- coconut oil
- 3-4 strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 8-10 blueberries
- Dairy-free whipped cream (see note)
- For the pancakes: Add the eggs, banana, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet on low-medium heat with coconut oil.
- Pour the pancake batter into the skillet to make a pancake about 3-4 inches in diameter. Flip the pancake once it starts bubbling.
- Cook the other side of the pancake until golden brown; about 3-5 minutes.
- Place pancakes on individual plates.
- For Sant's eyes, place 2 blueberries on each pancake.
- Make the hat by placing strawberries as shown in the picture above.
- Use the whipped cream to add the beard and the pom pom on top of the hat.
- Add a strawberry for the nose, and blueberries for the mouth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can make the pancakes ahead of time and either freeze extras for later, or store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Avoid adding the whipped cream until right before serving since it can melt.
- Get the children involved with making these by having them add the fruit, or topping off santa’s hat with whipped cream.
- Although oats are naturally gluten-free, they often come in contact with gluten-containing grains such as wheat, or barley. Make sure the oats you use say “certified gluten-free” on the package. I like Bob’s Red Mill brand or One Degree Organic Foods brand.
Are you going to try out this Simple Santa Pancake? Let us know in the comments.
Autumn Enloe, MS, RD, LD, CLT is a registered dietitian, recipe developer and writer from Minnesota. As a mom to two little ones, and former pediatric dietitian, she loves educating other parents on simple healthy habits and nutrition to benefit the whole family. She’s excited and honored to provide nutrition content and recipes to the Teaching is a Royal Adventure community.
Autumn provides remote nutrition coaching and frequently posts free nutrition content and recipes on her blog, Facebook and Instagram. In her free time she enjoys chasing around her two little ones, laughing with her husband, trying out new recipes in the kitchen, and practicing yoga.